Fatty Acid Methyl Esters (FAME) – formed in the process of treatment with methanol in the presence of a catalyst for vegetable oils and / or animal fats.
FAME is used as:
- fuel additive
- raw material for further processing in oleochemical processes
- solvent and / or component of chemical products.
Due to the type of raw material used in the production of FAME, we distinguish:
- RME – rapeseed oil esters
- PME – palm oil esters
- SME – soybean oil esters
- AME – animal fat esters
- UCOME – esters from used cooking oil
- FAME 0 – esters from an oil mixture with a cold filter blocking temperature of 0 ° C
- FAME -10 – esters from an oil mixture with a blocking temperature of the cold filter -10 ° C